Thursday, May 1, 2008

Kitchen Technology

I gutted my kitchen last summer and purchased all new appliances. In a previous refurbishment of my kitchen I had installed a designer cook top by Thermador. I found it looked great but once it broke it was hard to find technicians who would work on it. I did not want this problem again so I bought a stove, dishwasher and refrigerator by GE.

My choice of GE for the above reason has been vindicated. I have had to get a repairman twice since installation, once for the refrigerator and just recently for the dishwasher. All you have to do to get a GE reparman is to log into the GE repair page at http://www.geappliances.com/service_and_support/service/. You can schedule an afternoon or a morning appointment for one or two days in the future. The repairman calls you at home before he comes or he can contact you on your cell phone. You can even modify or cancel your appointment totally online. I don't know if this qualifies as Web 1.0 or Web 2.0 but it sure is easy.

1 comment:

Val said...
This comment has been removed by the author.